Monday, May 16, 2011

Anticipation

We learned Saturday evening that our new RV has finally made it's way across the US from Elkhart IN to Merrimack NH. Today we received word on when we're scheduled to take delivery and ownership of it - a week from Friday. The dealership says they won't be able to have it prepped and ready for us before then because they're really busy with other deliveries.

Of course when we heard "Friday", somehow I got it in my mind that it was THIS Friday, not a week from Friday. And I was sitting right next to the calendar as Mark our salesman was saying Friday the 27th.

I'm just getting very anxious for this unit. Whether that's because it's new and exciting to order a unit to our specifications, or if I'm tired of looking at storage tubs in the middle of the living space in our current trailer, or even a combination of both, I don't know. I just know that by nightfall on the 27th, my new home will be our Cameo Carriage (35sb3). There is a lot more storage area to fit those things we just weren't able to part with when we sold our home.

I only packed a limited number of shirts and pants in the RV, leaving the rest in storage boxes with the hope I'd be able to say "what should I wear today" within 2 or 3 weeks. That was 4 weeks ago and I've got one more week to go. And like a typical woman, there is clothing I've got in the RV that I haven't worn, and don't expect to between now and next weekend. I've got nothing to wear!

Add to the clothes dilemma are my knitting supplies are packed away. The weather has been on the colder side and wet. Lots of damp dreary days without sunlight which makes one want to knit (at least me). But the needles and yarn are in storage boxes in the "basement" of the RV or in the utility trailer. Although the box is marked, to get to it will mean moving other boxes about and I'm not about to move 10 to 15 little items that are out of boxes to get to the box for one or two items and then have to put it all back.

One of the throw pillows on my bed sums up my thoughts about getting in to the new RV - it says "God give me patience - but please hurry"
Let the fun begin....

2 comments:

  1. One should always, always keep yarn and knitting needles nearby. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bit the bullet later that day and got some yarn and needles. Keeping that container next to the bed so it will always be handy.

    ReplyDelete