Friday, January 11, 2013

Potluck 011013

Tonight’s campground potluck dinner brought over 50 of us together around the tables. 

One of the reasons I like to attend potluck dinners is it gives me the opportunity to try a new recipe.  Several years ago I pulled a recipe from a magazine for Beef Taco Skillet and stuck it in my cookbook.  Every now and then I see the recipe, but never made it. It was about time I tried the dish and bought the ingredients I didn’t already have.  It was very easy to make.

Beef Taco Skillet

1 lb ground beef  
1/2 cup water
1 can (10.75 oz) tomato soup     
6 flour tortilla (6”) cut into 1” pieces
1/2 cup salsa     
1/2 cup shredded cheese

a) cook ground beef in 10” skillet until well browned, stirring to break up meat. Pour off fat.

b)Stir in soup, salsa, water and tortillas. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Top with cheese.  Makes 4 servings

Chuck and I both enjoyed the dish and I’ll be adding it to my repertoire, although instead of the soft tortilla pieces, we think we'll try nacho chips. It seems others at the dinner enjoyed it also; I didn't have much for leftovers to bring home.

No comments:

Post a Comment