Saturday, April 6, 2013

How to put a circle in a square

With my crocheting, I've been trying to learn how to do different stitches so I don't get bored on a project quickly.  Recently I decided I wanted to do more granny squares, but thought a flower or other round shape in the center would be more fun for me than the basic square.





I looked at numerous tutorials on line and found one pattern that gave me the basic concept of doing round inside a square. I didn't find one that did quite what I wanted (although I'm sure it's out there on the Internet, I didn't want to spend even more time searching) but through trial and error was able to create what I wanted.











I had some orange and yellow yarns and decided to mix and match, most of the square have the circle in the center, but a few I did as complete granny square.  I also switched colors 1/2 way through the 4 rows of stitching, but again, on a few, decided to go with the same color all the way through.  Below are the 30 square for the small blanket I'm making for a charity.  First sorted by exterior color, then laid out in the pattern I'm going to attach them in. And that's the new dilemma - do I use just one color (brown) or do I use two (brown and buff) when I attach the squares.  I'll post a final picture when it's done...



No comments:

Post a Comment